Dolce Mamas Walking Together To Defeat Breast Cancer
3rd Annual Wine tasting and silent auction to benefit the
2008 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
April 19, 2008, 7-10 pm
Janet's Java, 5735 Telegraph Rd, Alexandria, VA 22303
Please join us for a spectacular evening of fun and fundraising!
Featuring "Value Wines from Around the World"...World Class wines that retail for under $15 a bottle. Silent auction with many wonderful items and services donated by local businesses.
Admission: $20 per person Buy Now- Admission includes: wine tasting and hours d'oeuvres.
Additional glasses of wine and silent auction items available for purchase at the event. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Avon Foundation's Crusade Against Breast Cancer.
We are still accepting donations for this event. If you have a product, service, or gift certificate that you would like to donate, please click here for details. All donors will be highlighted as sponsors on this page and will receive a link to your website.
This is always a wonderfully fun event that helps to raise money for a fantastic cause. The Avon Foundation has a special emphasis on providing access to care for the medically underserved and a large peorion of the funds that are raised through the Washington DC Avon Walk for Breast Cancer stay here in the metro area through grants to local organizations that provide education, prevention and treatment services. Please join us for a fabulous evening and make a difference at the same time.
Back to Dolce Mamas Home Page
Since 2000 the Avon Foundation has provided over $28.6 million in Washington, DC and the surrounding region, to support programs including:
- The Avon Breast Center at the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins.
- Co-founding the Capital Breast Care Center to reach underserved women in the poorest neighborhoods of Washington DC.
- Development of a breast cancer vaccine, now in Phase II clinical trials, to treat advanced breast cancer and prevent disease recurrence.
- 11 clinical trials in the region to prevent, treat, or stop the recurrence of breast cancer.
- Direct financial support to 1,460 low-income women undergoing breast cancer care.
- 7 community-based organizations, which in 2007 will link 3,325 underserved women into mammography screening and educate 8,850 about breast cancer
Thank You to our Event Sponsors:
Six Half Dozen Design Studio
S&E Marketing Concepts
The Pumpkin Patch
Erin J. Photography
in memory of Laura Moutray
Dawn Bernard Photography
Kumon Math and Reading Center of Alexandria
Mai Health Now
L'Bri Pure n' Natural
Tina Ruiz Yoga
Acquavella Tutoring Services
The Baby Hammock
Trish Thackston Designs